The CRC provides Information & Referral assistance via the telephone, Internet, directories and in person to individuals throughout Renfrew County. CRC personnel can help to connect people to services to assist with major and minor life moments, from prenatal planning to financial assistance for a funeral.
By listening in a nonthreatening, non-judgmental, and confidential manner, I&R staff and volunteers have supported and helped clients understand their situations and worked to empower them to make informed decisions about possible solutions. The CRC has assisted people who are in crisis and in emergency situations. The CRC has also advocated on behalf of individuals who need additional support.
Assistance with Forms and Applications
CRC staff can assist community members with finding and printing government forms. If you need assistance filling out a form contact our office and we may be able to help you by providing computer and internet access, or form support. Some of the forms and applications we can help with include:
- Employment Insurance
- Ontario Disabilities Support Program
- Ontario Works
- income tax form retrieval
- Canada Pension Plan
- Old Age Security
- birth certificates
- social insurance numbers
- power of attorney forms
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Programs
- child daycare subsidies
- tenant issues
- lost identification
The CRC developed and continues to maintain the County Connections Human Services Database – Renfrew County. This information is provided to people in several ways:
- County Connections Directory which is produced every two or three years and is used by Health and Human Services professionals to locate services for their clients.
- 211 – a three digit telephone line that operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year to provide local human services information to Canadians.
- 211ontario.ca – 211 information for Ontario available online.