Toy Bus at Home
Visit our YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOTJo3BEraMrWKIiw5cyYg to see the Toy Bus team singing songs, reading a story and engaging your child in an activity.
About Toy Bus
What We Do
You and your child can visit the Toy Bus Early ON Centre for a range of free services including:
- Information and Referral: Early years specialists available on-site, by phone or e-mail to answer your questions or refer you to appropriate resources and services. Wondering who to ask or where to go about about a concern regarding your child’s development — ask a Toy Bus Team facilitator!
- Play and Learn Drop-in groups: Our main program, Toy Bus Play and Learn Drop-ins provide an assortment of learning centers that are set up to encourage children to explore, create, and stimulate the senses. Opportunities to share, take turns, listen and express feelings are built in everywhere. After play time, parents and children are encouraged to help tidy up followed by songs, rhymes and finger plays. Stories are read to children while they enjoy their snack; a relaxing end to a busy playgroup!
- Resource Library: Parenting books and videos, resource books and children’s books available to borrow.
- Toy Library : A great variety of toys for children 0 to 6 years of age available for loan free of charge.
- Workshops/Child Development Programs: The Toy Bus program also provides a wide variety of programs for parents and children to promote healthy child development and lifelong nurturing relationships. Some of these programs are:
- School’s Cool & ELF Preschool are programs designed for children entering Kindergarten. These programs strengthen children’s abilities to build their self-help, social, reasoning and language skills.
- Music & Movement is a six week program that introduces children ages 2 to 4 and their parents/caregivers to a love of music and movement. The program consists of 5 sections including: playing with instruments, rhythm, games that move you, songs and rhymes and wind down.
- Infant Massage teaches parents effective techniques to reduce gas and colic, to help their babies sleep better and to support their babies health and development.
- Sum Fun Family Math is for families who want their children to have fun and experience success in Math! In this program, the children learn games, songs and read new books that enhance their experience with early numeracy and math.
- Make the Connection allows parents to make a connection with their children through love, language and learning. It encourages parents to promote healthy brain development and secure relationships. Parents learn songs and rhymes and participate in discussions designed to enhance parent-child communication in a fun and accessible way.
- 1, 2, 3, Go! is designed to help parents raise a physically, socially and emotionally healthy child. The six sessions are planned to encourage the development and health of the “whole” child. Activities and equipment are chosen to provide a safe, enjoyable and challenging environment for children to learn and practice new skills.
- Positive Discipline in Everyday Parenting
- Nobody’s Perfect
- Stir it Up with Kids in the Kitchen – nutrition program aimed at reducing childhood obesity and encouraging heart health from childhood
- No Ordinary Walk in the Park – stroller fitness program
Our Play and Learn groups take place from September to the end of June.
|St John Bosco School,
99 Peter St, Barry’s Bay
9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
|Cobden||Wednesday||Cobden Agricultural Hall
43 Astrolabe Road, Cobden
10:00 to 11:30 a.m. Cobden Pentecostal Church 17 Astrolabe Road, Cobden
10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
|Eganville||Thursday||Grace Lutheran Church
10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
|Beachburg||Wednesday alternating weeks||St. Andrews church
1744 Beachburg Rd, Beachburg 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
|Killaloe||Tuesday|| Station Park
10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
|Palmer Rapids||Wednesday alternating weeks||Weslyan Church
192 Burntbridge Road
10:00 to 12:00 p.m.
|Madawaska Community Complex 26A Major lake Rd Call for more information.
South Algonquin Community Hub 9 Galeairy Rd. Whitney 10:00 – 11:30
Links to Supports and Services
- CRC: Prenatal Nutrition Program
- County of Renfrew Child Care and Early Years Division
- Renfrew County District Health Unit
- First Words Preschool Speech and Language
- Phoenix Centre Children’s Mental Health
- Infant & Child Development Program
- County of Renfrew Child Care Services
- My Daddy Matters
- Women’s Sexual Assault Centre of Renfrew County
- Game On Youth Activity Program
- 211 Renfrew County
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Toy Bus participant comments’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’/][contact-field label=’Suggestion Box’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]